Consumer Loan Officer I/II DOE
Clean Energy Credit Union is passionate about promoting clean energy to protect our environment and improve our economy. Our focus is on providing clean energy loans that reduce the cost of living for members while also decreasing their environmental footprint. We envision a world where everyone can participate in the clean energy movement.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Consumer Loan Officer is responsible for servicing loan applicants, registered dealers, and existing borrowers online, through chat and phone calls. The Loan Officer underwrites consumer loan applications and screens consumer application packages to determine acceptability of the credit request based on the credit union’s predetermined lending guidelines. This team member will assist with document imaging, indexing documents, processing loans including reviewing documentation, closing, and providing overall assistance to our members. This position may be eligible for remote work.
- Loan processing in adherence to credit union policy and procedures.
- Performs in depth loan interviews and analyzes borrower financial conditions to include credit history, credit score, collateral, ratios and other financial information for submission to underwriters.
- Makes underwriting decisions within the limits of a pre-approved lending authority.
- Ensure each approved application meets the credit union lending standards.
- Opening new accounts, sending out member applications and requesting member ID, address verification, and deposits.
- Maintain checklists for membership and loan documentation.
- Upload and/or scan documents, verifying documents are stored and viewable through the imaging system.
- Research member and auditor/examiners requests.
- Verify the accuracy of application information and compile documents needed for the loan to proceed to disbursement.
- Receive new loan applications via online and the telephone.
- Provide accurate loan/member service information to the members and solar dealers via inbound/outbound calls and/or email.
- Receiving and reviewing verification of income.
- Works with contractors to obtain documentation for review.
- Receive and service inbound member calls and online chat.
- Make outbound calls to members on past-due payments.
- Provide a high level of member service when communicating with members as well as coworkers.
- Act as the liaison between the loan officer and member and/or dealer to ask for additional information or gather required documents.
- Obtain and verify the accuracy of all required closing documentation
- Assist team members with loan closing and the remittance of loan funds.
- Cross-sell credit insurance and other Credit Union products and services
- Provide accurate information about credit union policies, procedures, and services
- Verify and send ACH payments via the Corporate Credit Union website.
- Helps with member accounts, back-office operations, and other duties as requested.
Desired Job Competencies:
- Excellent member service skills
- Ability to communicate over the phone, online, or in person with the public. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products and Adobe Acrobat.
- Understands and complies with all annual mandated training that pertains to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/OFAC/Cybersecurity/Diversity & Anti-Harassment/Fair Lending
- Attention to Detail – Ensuring that information collected, provided, and/or evaluated is consistent with all related information available; holding to regulatory standards, recognizing that they exist to protect and honor members’ financial well-being.
- Driving for results – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Data Analysis – Gathering, manipulating, processing, and evaluating numeric data to guide credit union decision.
- Demonstrates Integrity – Gaining others’ trust by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions, treating others and their ideas with respect, and supporting them in the face of challenge.
- Service Excellence – Taking action and developing relationships necessary to meet and exceed member needs (includes relationships with members, coworkers, and external partners); holding self and others accountable for providing a positive member experience; using appropriate interpersonal skills to resolve difficult member situations and regain their confidence.
- Communication – Possessing, and utilizing compelling written and verbal communication skills. Listening and adapting to receive instructions, concerns and spoken/written needs.
Desired Education and Work Experience:
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a credit union or smaller financial institution
- Minimum 3 years of customer service experience
- Lending or collections experience at a financial institution a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of solar, geothermal, and/or auto lending a plus
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
This job operates in a professional office environment and may be eligible for remote work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sedentary computer work.
- Position is subject to irregular hours.
- May require occasional travel to attend off-site meetings and or conferences.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English and Spanish fluently.
- Salary: $20.00-$24.00/hour DOE
Note: This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
Clean Energy CU is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Clean Energy CU makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.