Employee Experience and Development Manager
Clean Energy Credit Union is passionate about promoting clean energy to protect our environment and improve our economy. Our focus is on providing clean energy loans that reduce the cost of living for members while also decreasing their environmental footprint. We envision a world where everyone can participate in the clean energy movement.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Employee Experience and Development Manager drives initiatives that enhance organizational effectiveness and employee engagement. Leads the development and implementation of the Clean Energy CU’s learning plan from technical, product, to leadership. This position is responsible for collaborating with Management to create systemic changes focused on improving productivity and employee satisfaction.
Starting salary range is $53,000-$65,000
- Champions the development of a culture within the credit union in which excellent internal and external service, quality, teamwork, and process improvement are understood and utilized by employees at all levels.
- Directs and oversees a range of activities that enhance performance including employee onboarding, learning plans, career pathing, annual training, employee events, and software and product implementation.
- Coordinates the development, implementation, and updating of training programs.
- Research, recommend, and coordinate ongoing Credit Union leadership development events for management while adhering to travel and expense budgets.
- Develops, oversees and delivers instruction in multiple forms to accommodate audience as appropriate, including classroom, e-learning, webinars, individual learning, large and small groups.
- Oversees programs/surveys on member and dealer feedback, works with management to develop initiatives for continual improvement.
- Monitors, evaluates, and develops reports on training programs to determine effectiveness, identifies opportunities for continual improvement.
- Identify talent within the organization, implementing programs to accelerate the development of high-potential employees.
- Monitors external training and organizational development trends and develops leading-edge programs to engage and retain high performing employees.
- Implements employee feedback surveys.
- Collaborates with management on projects, programs, and events that directly impact employee experience.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the impact and effectiveness of learning programs, making data driven decisions for continuous improvement.
- Acts as the internal administrator of Nectar, Clean Energy CU’s employee recognition platform.
- Identify, develop, and implement strategic organization effectiveness initiatives designed to enhance employee performance, development, and engagement.
- Acts as an ongoing coach and trainer assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational mission, values, policies, and work rules. Promotes a culture of teamwork.
- Administers regulatory training for all employees, management, Board, and Supervisory committee members.
- Participates in establishing the strategic direction of the credit union by developing plans with the management team.
- Must comply with all credit union policies and procedures, applicable laws, and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Responsible for researching compliance with new and existing regulation training.
- Supports credit union staff as needed.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Desired Job Competencies:
- Detailed knowledge of the credit union’s products, services, policies, and
- Self-motivated and Resourceful with an ability to juggle multiple priorities, handle assignments independently, detail-oriented, and work under tight deadlines.
- Leadership – Identifying opportunities for long-term credit union success and inspiring others to pursue excellence. Balancing the needs of one’s department with those of the greater credit union.
- Driving for Results – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Earning Trust- Gaining others’ confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions; treating others and their ideas with respect and supporting them in the face of challenge.
- Service Excellence – Taking actions and developing relationships necessary to meet and exceed member needs (includes relationships with members, coworkers, and external partners); holding self and others accountable for providing a positive member experience; using appropriate interpersonal skills to resolve difficult member situations and regain their confidence.
- Communication – Possessing and utilizing compelling written and verbal communication Listening and adapting to received instructions, concerns, and spoken/written needs.
- Process Development – Creating and improving procedures to increase workflow, efficiency, and
- Driving Innovation – Creating an environment (culture) that inspires people to generate novel solutions with measurable value for existing and potential customers (internal or external); encouraging experimentation with new ways to solve work problems and seize opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
- Collaboration – Ability to foster and work collaboratively across divisions, functions, and all levels.
Desired Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum five years of progressive experience in a learning development role such as trainer, facilitator, or manager.
- Minimum two years’ experience in training facilitation of adult learners, conducting presentations, or leading small groups in both in person and virtual environments.
- Two years’ experience in a financial institution preferred.
- Experience with a LMS and using course authoring software.
- Experience leading teams through process and change management.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
This job operates in a professional office environment and may be eligible for remote work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sedentary computer work.
- Position is subject to irregular hours.
- May require occasional travel to attend off-site meetings and or conferences.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
Note: This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
Clean Energy CU is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Clean Energy CU makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.