Vice President of Business Development
Clean Energy Credit Union is passionate about promoting clean energy to protect our environment and improve our economy. Our focus is on providing clean energy loans that reduce the cost of living for members while also decreasing their environmental footprint. We envision a world where everyone can participate in the clean energy movement.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Vice President of Business Development will identify and communicate specific business development strategies across the Credit Union’s functional areas, applying experienced knowledge of Clean Energy CU, clean energy industry, business development, and business intelligence. Leads strategic analyses of business needs and environmental trends in support of business strategy development, dealer relations, and planning processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate, relevant, and timely reporting to management and the Board of Directors. Continuously enhance analytical capabilities to provide strategic insights on key performance indicators.
- Track and assess banking and credit union news and trends to inform management’s strategies around the development of products and services.
- Ensure that membership and dealer growth and new product delivery align with established goals.
- Analyze and make appropriate recommendations for improving organization health, member/employee satisfaction, and effective organizational decision making.
- Oversee all dealer relations activities, including development of channel strategies, management of dealer relationships, constant improvement of dealer-facing processes.
- Expand the Credit Union’s competencies in business intelligence, including tools and other resources for assessing and communicating progress toward established key performance indicators.
- Analyze credit union metrics and optimize methods to continually improve organizational performance.
- Focus on the end-to-end member and dealer experiences to build and maintain relationships with those who do business with us.
- Facilitate development in organizational competency to build a deliberative process for innovation and continuous improvement in the member experience.
- Identify and lead re-engineering activities and initiatives that drive best-in-class member and dealer experiences.
- Look for and participate in networking activities with both a dealer/vendor focus and for the overall broader clean energy community to promote the credit union.
- Work with accounting and finance to oversee and develop departmental budgets and budget forecasts.
- Effectively control allocated budget dollars for department to assist with achieving the organization’s fiscal budget.
- Coordinate efforts with and make recommendations for any vendors that will assist with developing and maintaining the mission and goals of Clean Energy CU.
- Provide suggestions for improved efficiency and effectiveness in the credit union’s operations.
- Develop, implement, and monitor processes and controls to ensure the credit union exceeds industry benchmarks in quality and member experience.
- Excellent business development skills, including networking, cold-calling techniques, presentation skills, broad level credit union and clean energy product and service alliance capabilities, and communications.
- Creates partnership opportunities for new select employer groups as well as state, local and federal organizations.
Titles That Report to this Position:
- Dealer Relations Manager
- Data Analyst
Desired Job Competencies:
- Attention to Detail – Ensuring that information collected, provided, and/or evaluated is consistent with all related information available; holding to regulatory standards, recognizing that they exist to protect and honor members’ financial well-being.
- Detailed knowledge of the credit union’s products, services, policies, and procedures.
- Driving for Results – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Data Analysis – Gathering, manipulating, processing, and evaluating numeric data to guide credit union decisions.
- Project Management – ability to manage projects through to completion.
- Earning Trust- Gaining others’ confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions; treating others and their ideas with respect and supporting them in the face of challenge.
- Service Excellence – Taking actions and developing relationships necessary to meet and exceed member needs (includes relationships with members, coworkers, and external partners); holding self and others accountable for providing a positive member experience; using appropriate interpersonal skills to resolve difficult member situations and regain their confidence.
- Communication – Possessing and utilizing compelling written and verbal communication skills. Ability to speak to groups of all sizes in a professional manner. Ability to deliver presentations (in person and virtual) to educate and engage community groups and other networking events.
- Process Development – Creating and improving procedures to increase workflow, efficiency, and outcomes.
- Driving Innovation – Creating an environment (culture) that inspires people to generate novel solutions with measurable value for existing and potential customers (internal or external); encouraging experimentation with new ways to solve work problems and seize opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
Desired Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or progressive, relevant work experience.
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in service and/or leadership roles, preferably with a financial institution and/or clean energy sales or service leadership position.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Sedentary computer work
- This position is subject to irregular hours
- May require occasional travel to attend off-site meetings and or conferences
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability able to read, write, and speak the English language.
Annual salary range: $90,000 – $105,000
Note: This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
Clean Energy CU is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Clean Energy CU makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.