Credit Union Data Analyst
Clean Energy Credit Union is passionate about promoting clean energy to protect our environment and improve our economy. Our focus is on providing clean energy loans that reduce the cost of living for members while also decreasing their environmental footprint. We envision a world where everyone can participate in the clean energy movement.
Primary Purpose of Position:
This position works as a member of the Finance team and is responsible for developing and implementing standards, practices, and tools that address specific business analytics needs across the credit union. The Credit Union Data Analysts will work closely with the Sr VP of Strategy and Development to build and grow the credit union’s abilities to assess performance, risk, and growth opportunities across all departments of our small but growing credit union.
- Summarize analytical data into user-friendly reports translating highly technical, detailed data into appropriate recommendations and key metrics requested by management and various business lines.
- Gather and accumulate data from disparate sources, clean, organize, process, and analyze data to extract valuable insights and information.
- Work with Sr VP of Strategy and Development to launch, customize, and leverage new data analytics capabilities.
- Perform ad-hoc, strategic analysis of structured and unstructured data across multiple data sources, for all areas of the Credit Union.
- Retrieve, analyze and validate data and test accuracy of reported results.
- Work directly with other departments to understand requirements and propose key analytics solutions to drive effective decision-making and influence business objectives.
- Produce dashboards in to provide routine reporting to internal stakeholders.
- Identify and extend credit union’s data capabilities with third-party sources of information.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Manage the credit union’s data flows in support of our extensive loan participation activities.
- Create innovative visuals for reports to enable more effective consumption of data.
- Manage, prioritize, and assign incoming data requests as they relate to Credit Union and departmental strategy and priorities.
- Provide excellent service to both internal and external members. Make recommendations to management to improve processes to make the credit union/department more efficient and to give better service to our members.
- Works on special projects, and other duties as assigned.
Desired Job Competencies:
- Critical Thinking- Leveraging data to uncover and synthesize connections and address business intelligence needs.
- Quality Orientation- Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how detailed; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being consistently watchful.
- Problem Solving- Overcoming obstacles to get to results.
- Attention to Detail- Exhibiting a precise focus on the integrity and quality of one’s work.
- Positive Approach- Demonstrating a positive attitude in the face of difficult or challenging situations; providing an uplifting (yet realistic) outlook on what the future holds and the opportunities it might present.
- Service Excellence- Taking actions and developing relationships necessary to meet and exceed member needs (includes relationships with members, coworkers, and external partners); holding self and others accountable for providing a positive member experience); using appropriate interpersonal skills to resolve difficult member situations and regain their confidence.
- Communication-Possess and utilize compelling written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of the credit union’s products, services, policies and procedures.
- Understands and complies with all annual mandated training that pertains to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/OFAC/Cybersecurity/Diversity & Anti-Harassment/Fair Lending
- Demonstrates Integrity – Gaining others’ trust by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions, treating others and their ideas with respect, and supporting them in the face of challenge.
Desired Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree from an accredited college or university in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related discipline required.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience with financial, analytical, or related research experience required. Experience working at a financial institution preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft products, especially Excel and PowerPoint required.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and MS PowerBI or other analytics platforms an added plus.
- Experience using computers and computer systems to analyze large datasets.
- Must be an analytical thinker and problem solver, as well as possess and display effective organizational and communication skills.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
This job operates in a professional office environment and may be eligible for remote work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sedentary computer work.
- Position is subject to irregular hours.
- May require occasional travel to attend off-site meetings and or conferences.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English fluently.
- Salary: $44,000 to $73,000
Note: This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
Clean Energy CU is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Clean Energy CU makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.