Clean Energy Credit Union is passionate about promoting clean energy to protect our environment and improve our economy. Our focus is on providing clean energy loans that reduce the cost of living for members while also decreasing their environmental footprint. We envision a world where everyone can participate in the clean energy movement.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Oversees the daily operations of all cloud technologies, core operating systems, service desk, Office 365, end-user equipment, enterprise applications, and vendor due diligence. This position must meet tight deadlines and manage many activities and projects. The IT Systems Manager is the credit union’s expert on the server, host database, and storage infrastructures. This position may be eligible for a hybrid remote work situation.
- Delivers exceptional internal service by promptly responding to inquiries and Service desk incidents via chat, email, or phone and following up to ensure complete resolution of issues.
- Responsible for interfacing with different credit union departments for training and educating staff on information security policies and procedures.
- Responsible for managing the IT help desk, ensuring prompt responses and resolution.
- Works with other Information Technology staff to standardize the access and security privileges provided on these systems to ensure that access given to users is appropriate and is in the credit union’s interest.
- Assists with mentoring and work direction to other Information Technology staff on information security and server matters.
- Provides technical assistance, direction, and guidance to maintain an effective and efficient Information Security Program.
- Participates in application development and infrastructure projects to ensure security requirements are properly identified, understood, and satisfied.
- Ensures adequate records are retained and assists with preparing periodic reports to the Chief Technology Officer/CEO.
- Resolves problems with networks and other computer systems.
- Able to manage multiple vendor relationships to implement products and services.
- Monitors and audits compliance with established information security policies and procedures and reports findings of such audits. Participate in the competition of the self-governed ACET Exam.
- Monitors and reviews daily Firewall and Network logs and reports for suspicious activity. Will investigate any noted irregularities and report findings to the Information Technology Officer or CEO immediately.
- Reviews security issues and recommendations for all third parties’ connections and remote users to our internal LAN and Host processing system. Recommends changes as necessary.
- Coordinates efforts with the Internal Auditor on information security compliance.
- Manages multiple vendor relationships to implement new services and updates to existing software.
- Maintains the highest level of Integrity and conducts oneself in an ethical manner
- Reviews and monitors vendor IT security programs for new and existing vendors.
- Actively supports the credit union’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Participates in continuing education as approved by Information Technology Officer or CEO.
- Maintains confidential data.
- Assists with the administration of the information security program.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance with bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws, as appropriate to the position.
- Implements regulatory requirements, industry standards, and best practices such as NCUA, FFIEC, GLBA, PCI DSS, NIST 800-53, and CISA recommendations. Ensuring the Information Security Program is held to the highest standard.
Desired Job Competencies:
- Attention to Detail – Ensuring that information collected, provided, and/or evaluated is consistent with all related information available; holding to regulatory standards, recognizing that they exist to protect and honor members’ financial well‐being.
- Managing Priorities – Ability to prioritize multiple initiatives and projects.
- Driving for Results ‐ Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Data Analysis – Gathering, manipulating, processing, and evaluating data to guide credit union decisions.
- Earning Trust‐ Gaining others’ confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments; treating others and their ideas respectfully and supporting them in the face of challenge.
- Service Excellence ‐ Taking actions and developing relationships necessary to meet and exceed member needs (includes relationships with members, coworkers, and external partners); holding self and others accountable for providing a positive member experience; using appropriate interpersonal skills to resolve difficult member situations and regain their confidence.
- Communication ‐ Possessing and utilizing compelling written and verbal communication skills. Listening and adapting to received instructions, concerns, and spoken/written needs.
- Process Development – Creating and improving procedures to increase workflow, efficiency, and outcomes.
- Driving Innovation ‐ Creating an environment (culture) that inspires people to generate novel solutions with measurable value for existing and potential customers (internal or external); encouraging experimentation with new ways to solve work problems and seize opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
Desired Education and Work Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Network, Cyber Security, or a relevant field is preferred.
- Advanced certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CEH, and CCSP are a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Banking/Credit Union experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership role is preferred.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
This job operates in a professional office environment and may be eligible for partial remote or hybrid work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Substantial computer work.
- Occasional time is spent traveling and working irregular hours. May be required to attend meetings and or conferences where travel by car, plane, or other public conveyance may be required.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English fluently.
- Annual Salary: $62,000 – $80,000
Note: This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position.
Clean Energy CU is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Clean Energy CU makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.